My Dearest Daughter,
I offer you my congratulations once again on your recent marriage and deeply desire that you are settling into court life the best you can. It has come to my attention that I have left your education lacking in several aspects, especially now that you sit beside a king as do I.
You have watched me sit besides your father your entire life, and I do pray that I have set a good example for you to follow by. I do consider myself a model of queenly behavior, and I hope that you too can achieve that status. Your marriage, as you are aware, was for the political gain of both kingdoms, as was your sisters. After you have had sons and daughters, I wish you remember that their marriages should be arranged for the benefit of the kingdom. Do not try and persuade your husband otherwise, because it is your duty to support him as he makes the best decisions for the continuation of the kingdom, which shall be your son’s inheritance.
Do not think I loved your brother more than you and your sisters, for when you have a son you shall understand the great joy and fulfillment it brings to your life. A son is not only the greatest gift you can give your husband, a son is also, in my opinion, what solidifies your role as Queen. You have the opportunity to play role in raising the future king, to instill in him strong spiritual values and a good temperament, which will benefit him in the future. The king has to be loved, but also respected. When you are expecting your son, it does not hurt to send tokens of gratitude to high ranking members of your kingdom, to gain their favor. The more friends your son has when he enters the world, the less you shall have to worry about his inheritance. Remember, you cannot honor men as your husband does, but that does not mean you should not seek to make allies for you and your son through tokens of friendship and prayer. I am compelled to tell you this, Daughter, because all too often a good Queen is called to God before her son is grown, and a new, wicked Queen takes her place. In the event that occurs, you will have done well by your son to ensure his succession to the throne.
As you grew up watching your father the King and me rule over the kingdom, I am sure that you know what your primary role as Queen should be. Your husband will preside over all matters of state, making appointments, meeting with people and above all, setting a spiritual example for all to follow. You will command the royal household, as I did. You must take care of everyday tasks in an efficient manor, overseeing servants and above all, maintaining the utmost dignity. You shall always be under scrutiny, and my best advice is to give them nothing to criticize. Trust in your Chamberlain, he will be your link to the political world of your Husband. Together with your Chamberlain you will be in charge of selecting gifts to present to guests when they visit. Remember that whatever gift you select will represent your husband, so be sure to choose items that reflect the power of the King.
Finally, I caution you against the advances of other women, especially where your husband is concerned. His position of power will always attract others, often evil women who wish to take your position. It is imperative that you never give your husband reason to question your loyalty to him and your marriage. You must always carry yourself with a regal air; do not skimp on beauty or clothing. Remember that you are a queen, and you should present yourself as one. Remain devoted to your husband, for when he is successful, so too are you. Maintain your connection with God, and pray daily for his guidance on these matters. Do not get so caught up in daily life that you forget that, for your relationship with God is equally as important as your husbands. If you do not continue to take your religious duties seriously, you will never be taken seriously as Queen.
Affectionately,
Your Royal Mother
No comments:
Post a Comment