Tobias and Sara

Tobias and Sara

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Queen Semiramis or B**** Semiramis?



The following is a conversation between Semiramis and one of the men in court. The issue at hand is that one of the men, Kenus, who is in her court wishes to be given a higher role in court. Semiramis invites him to her private chamber to have this conversation with him.


Setting: Queen Semiramis’s chamber. She is currently standing by her window, that overlooks the court and she is looking outside . Kenus, has just entered the chamber, and he is facing the back of the queen and she does not turn towards him, but senses his presence in the room.


Semiramis: I understand you want a higher position in the court? Is that true? Answer me !


(Queen Semiramis turns around.) She is dressed in a long maroon dress with a dark maroon robe. It has a gold border, and she is wearing a crown and lots of jewlery.


Kenus: Yes, your highness, I wish to be promoted and appointed as your chief of staff.


Kenus is dressed in white pants and a green coat, with a brown belt.  


Semiramis: Do you believe you have the qualifications to be my chief of staff?
Kenus: Yes, I believe I do. I have been working in court for a long time now, and I have been around you for over 10 years now. I believe that I am currently overqualified for my current role as just one of the many men in your court, who help  maintain order and peace within the kingdom.
Semiramis: Do you not believe you are sounding too confident? I believe you should watch your tone Kenus. Remember you are addressing me, your Queen!  Why should I choose you over anyone else? What is it that you are willing to do to secure this position?
Kenus: I am willing to do anything. I currently work twenty hours a day, and wait upon your orders when I am not working and when the court is not in session. I know all your likes and dislikes, and I know your daily schedule as well. All of this I believe puts me at an advantage to be your chief of staff instead of any other man in your court.
Semiramis: Really? What about my son? I believe he would be a good candidate as well. Don’t you?
Kenus: Well your son is a great candidate, but then who would reign after you? You, my highness, need to consider all aspects of the court before making such a rash decision. Just remember I am willing to do anything. Anything that will help me secure this position.
Semiramis: Anything ? Anything you say? You will do anything?
Kenus: Yes, anything! Whatever it takes. I am willing to put in more working hours, more effort and more dedication, if that will help me get promoted.
Semiramis: Hmm. Wait a minute--forget the job for a few minutes. You know, there are other ways to secure this job.


Semiramis looks at him seductively, and removes her first necklace and drops it on her dresser table, and continues to remove her jewelry.


Kenus: Your highness, I am not sure I know what you mean.


Kenus takes a step back, away from the dresser table.


Semiramis: Oh my! You claim to be a smart intelligent man, aiming to get a position that you believe you are worthy of and yet you cannot figure out something as simple as this? I do not think this qualifies you in anyway then!
Kenus: Your highness, please wait a moment. Help me understand what you truly mean ...
Semiramis: Well, how about you prove how smart you are in a non-court-related way? In a more personal context? I mean, you are already in my chamber, and my jewelry is almost off as well ...


Semiramis slowly removes the last of her jewelry and looks at Kenus with a sinful eye.

Kenus: Your highness, please! I do not think this is appropriate.
Semiramis: Kenus! Do not forget your are currently working in my court and my commands are what you follow! If I want you to be in my bed with me, then that is what you shall do. It is now an order. If you want the promotion, then you will need to fulfill my my demands--and by 'demands', I am sure you understand what I want..
Kenus:  But your highness, I do not believe it is just for you to ask me to fulfill your desires, just for me to obtain something I am qualified for and have been working towards since the beginning of time.
Semiramis:  Well, you have two options: you either sleep with me and fulfill my needs and then get the job you have always wanted, or you do not sleep with me and do not fulfill my needs and then you can prepare to live the life of a peasant as you will no longer be working under my rule.
Kenus:  But….why me?
Semiramis keeps walking forward, and Kenus keeps walking backwards.

Semiramis: Well, I choose you in particular because you have particular demands that you wish to have fulfilled, and not everything can be given based on merit. I mean, we all have needs. You believe you are qualified to get the position, and I need to see how worthy you are of it. You have until sunset to decide; if I do not see you here then, I will understand your decision, and you shall be banished.
Kenus: But …  I do not believe that this is a fair decision!

Kenus falls to his knees, and has given up.

Semiramis: You do not make these decisions, Kenus! Remember who is in power here. You may leave now.

Semiramis turns around and continues to look out the window at the oncoming sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment