Prologue:
Stating that men are lucky to be married
is a claim made on false pretenses.
While it may appear that my marriage
to my dearest Alisoun
is one of passion and affection,
that could not be more far from the truth.
She is always out, always dancing, always drunk,
and always uttering ear screeching noises
as she pretends to be the next Beyoncé.
She pushes me past the limits of my patience
and leaves me with no other choice
but to go seek out pleasure from other women.
Alisoun is clearly not in this marriage because of love,
but rather she likes to feel a sense of sovereignty.
I will not let my ego be walked all over any more.
She never fails to remind me that I am the fourth husband
of many, implying that I will not be her last.
Apparently all of the other men
were rich and old or whatever,
and I am constantly walking in their shadow.
You really can’t blame me for creating a Tinder account
and meeting new women.
Life is too short to settle for an unpleasant situation,
and so I decided to explore my options.
It gives me a sense of importance --
I am in total control
of whether I swipe right or left,
whereas one might argue
that Alisoun has complete power over me
(although I refuse to believe this is true).
Recently, I have been testing the waters
with a new acquaintance named May.
She is as bright and warm as the month
and gives me a whole new purpose in life.
I have a newfound duty to go out into the world
and make her happy.
I try to make my trips to see her quick,
in fear that Alisoun will get suspicious and find out.
But, after a few months of me sneaking out,
May texted me to say that she couldn’t see me anymore,
for her husband, January, was growing increasingly possessive
and was watching her every move.
January, like Alisoun, is incredibly domineering,
and so May and I initially bonded
over the fact that we are both submissive to our partners.
As a result of January’s overprotective actions,
we had to turn to strictly texting,
but soon realized that we could not resist seeing one another.
And here begins the story that ended our relationship forever:
Tale:
It was a sunny day on the first of June,
and May and I had decided that today
was going to be the day that we broke free
from our significant others and meet up in secret.
I shot her a quick text to confirm the location of her office building
and snuck out of my apartment upon her approval of the address.
As I pulled up in the taxi,
my stomach began to turn in all sorts of contortions
and streams of sweat dripped down the side of my face.
It had been an entire week since I had last seen May --
her platinum blonde hair,
chocolate brown eyes,
delicate, yet firm hands,
and charming smile.
The sound of her voice in my head
calmed every last antsy nerve,
and I went up the elevator ready to see my lover.
I rode the elevator all the way up to the top floor
and found the door to her office.
I took a thin, sliver key out of my pocket
and slipped the pointy teeth perfectly into the lock.
The door flung open and there she was,
even more beautiful than I had remembered her to be.
She threw aside her papers,
slammed shut her computer,
and embraced me in the tightest hug I have ever experienced --
I almost thought I was going to suffocate.
Before I even had the opportunity
to express how much I had longed to see her,
our clothes were off
and we were engaging in the most passionate sex.
Just as I was kissing her tender lips
and stroking her long locks,
there was a loud pounding on the door.
Before we could even pull apart from one another,
a large man barged in through the door
screaming about how his iCloud backup just restored
and he could now see her texts with a man named Damian.
He then realized what was occurring in her office
and, putting two and two together,
realized that the man with whom he was making eye contact
was, in fact, Damian himself.
I dropped my head with shame
and tried not to look up
as May explained that it was simply a glitch in their Apple ID system --
she had not been talking to this man for that long,
rather this was merely a one time thing.
And as if the situation couldn’t get any more heated,
Alisoun burst through office to see what was going on.
She claimed to have been growing suspicious of my distance from her
and tracked me using Find My iPhone.
Alisoun threatened to make my life even more of a living hell,
and with that remark she grabbed my phone
from off of the desk
and smashed it to the ground,
crushing every last cell signal
and destroying every last text I had ever sent.
No comments:
Post a Comment