Tobias and Sara

Tobias and Sara

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Medieval Reddit: r/seduction, circa 1130 AD


r/seduction

Trying to Cold Approach a Duke’s Daughter, What Should my Gameplan Be?

knightseekinglady

Long Story Short, I’m a landless Knight of the Realm who finds myself irreparably ensnared in my passion for the daughter of the local duke. My love burns like a thousand fires, and my soul is forever bound to her favor. Despite this, I’ve never had a conversation with her – I would send her a token of my favor, but her father is a dangerous man who had the last three suitors stripped of their titles. I’ve been returning to the castle often in hopes of seeing a moment to secretly beg for her hand, but I’m unsure how to proceed – would normal court games suffice or should I adopt a different tactic?
For reference, I am five feet and five inches in height, I am capable of lifting a short sword for extended periods in battle, my squire has called my beard “thin but refined”. I have had previous successes with noblewomen – one of them once granted me permission to take a strand of her hair, though she soon after abandoned our love for a count who offered her diamonds.
Do I have a chance to consummate this most divine love?

Seducingwenches

You can make it work, but your approach game has to be down COLD. It might help to slay a local bandit group, and dedicate the victory to her name – the opener is everything. If you cannot find one, there may be a sacred spring or ancient stone nearby that may summon an enchanted warrior – though, at your size, that may be difficult. Either way, remember that ladies love men who can demonstrate their superiority without resorting to the usual lengthy poems, complex ballads, or grief-stricken suicides – don’t tell her, SHOW her you mean business.

REPLY

Knightseekinglady -I may be a small man, but my heart is far greater than the mightiest!

V-Step-Plan

When you engage her in conversation, you must be prepared to play her game of wits! She will certainly reject you at first, but you must persist and use your own cunning to defeat her tests for you. A proper courtship may last for hours at a time, and may take weeks of persistence – if you wish to enter her favor, and her bed, you must never give up hope. This may prove difficult, should the Duke take notice, but evading armed guards and public denouncements to deliver a single rose to her windowsill only proves your love moreso!

Abelard-scholar

Watch out, local dukes are no joke. Had a similar situation, fell in love with a close relation to a duke, thought it was going amazingly. The madman kidnapped and castrated me, and my game was so weak after that I had to retreat to a monastery. Never gonna smash my dear Heloise again….

Henry-theprince

Ladies love a man who seems like he doesn’t need her – makes them feel like there’s something to prove. As a rule, I make sure to never meet my potential wives – instead, I have several of my friends, along with an armed retainer, abduct them from a monastery late at night. Some girls seem a bit put off by this, but don’t worry – once she sees your masculine prowess and ability to kill other people in battle, she will soon be yours forever. Good luck out there!

REPLY: knightseekinglady

That’s…. horrifying. What kind of foul scoundrel would do such a thing?

REPLY: Henry-theprince

I outrank you, peasant. Hold your tongue.

Thelionknight

PLEASE, PLEASE DON’T SCREW THIS UP. I GOT ALL THE WAY UP TO MARRIAGE AND THEN THE BITCH LEFT ME IT WAS ONLY A GODDAMN YEARS ABSENCE. SHE SAID I WAS TOO FOCUSED ON MY WORK AND THE LION CREEPED HER OUT WHEN I WAS GOING DOWN ON HER FUCK I HATE YOU MY SORES

REPLY: 

SeductionMod

Banned this basket case. No clue what he’s talking about but ignore it

Minstrelofthenorth

Are you able to sing a song? I’ve seduced many a lord’s daughter through my ability to bring beauty and passion to life through the strings of my lute. In truth, these ecounters have proved brief, and several times I’ve been escorted out of the city by armed guards following the payoff of a few weeks’ work, but those moments of fleeting love are absolutely worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Iwein--as if becoming a wild man weren't bad enough, he gets modded to boot. I shudder to think what the Middle Ages would have been like with Reddit ...

    ReplyDelete