Tobias and Sara

Tobias and Sara

Friday, December 5, 2014

A Twitter War between Matilda of England and Mathilda, Stephen of Blois’ Wife

Background: Matilda of England was the rightful heir to the English throne. When her father died suddenly, Matilda was out of the country. Her cousin, Stephen, took the opportunity of Matilda’s absence to seize the crown. What ensued was several years of civil war between the cousins and their supporters. In this piece, I use Twitter to explore what could have happened between Matilda of England and Stephen’s wife, Mathilda of Blois.


Twitter Bios:


Matilda of England
@TheREALQueenofEngland


Holy Roman Empress. Rightful heir 2 English throne. I will b queen.


Mathilda of Blois
@TheQueenBitch


Queen of England. Don’t mess. U know who I’m talking 2.


Twitter War:


Matilda of England
@TheREALQueenofEngland


Don’t u hate it when wives stand up 4 their husbands even when they’re wrong?


Mathilda of Blois
@TheQueenBitch


Don’t u hate it when hags act like queens?


Matilda
@TheREALQueenofEngland


@TheQueenBitch U want to say something to my face?


Mathilda of Blois
@TheQueenBitch


@TheREALQueenofEngland Yeah. Ur ship has sailed. Get on it and get out of England!


Matilda
@TheREALQueenofEngland


@TheQueenBitch. I’m right where I need 2 b. It’s ur husband that’s at fault!


Mathilda of Blois
@TheQueenBitch


@TheREALQueenofEngland He’s doing what’s right for the people of England.


Matilda
@TheREALQueenofEngland


@TheQueenBitch Wow. Does he hide behind your skirts?


Mathilda of Blois
@TheQueenBitch


@TheREALQueenofEngland Does your’s hide behind your daddy’s castles?


Matilda
@TheREALQueenofEngland


@TheQueenBitch You bitch!


Mathilda of Blois
@TheQueenBitch


@TheREALQueenofEngland Yes?


Matilda
@TheREALQueenofEngland


@TheQueenBitch U might b a bitch here, but let’s c how bad u r in person.


Mathilda of Blois
@TheQueenBitch


@TheREALQueenofEngland Name the time and place.


Matilda
@TheREALQueenofEngland


@TheQueenBitch Tomorrow at noon. Robert of Gloucester’s manor. Just us.


Mathilda of Blois
@TheQueenBitch


@TheREALQueenofEngland I actually have 2 help my husband rule a country tomorrow. Sorry.


Matilda
@TheREALQueenofEngland


@TheQueenBitch Chicken.


Mathilda of Blois
@TheQueenBitch

@TheREALQueenofEngland No. I’m queen. What r u? Oh, that’s right. Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment